REGULAR ORAL CARE IS IMPORTANT AT EVERY AGE
Plaque builds faster and in greater amounts as we age.
To help protect your teeth and gums against oral disease:
- Brush real or replacement teeth at least twice daily
- Floss real or replacement teeth at least once a day
- Use toothpaste containing fluoride
- Visit a dentist at least every six months and bring a list of the medications you are taking
- Call your dentist if any changes in your mouth persists beyond 14 days
Do you have difficulty controlling your hands, arm or shoulder movement?
Here are some ideas on adapting standard toothbrushes:
- Enlarge the handle with a tennis ball, sponge foam or bicycle grip
- Lengthen with a stick or rod
- Attach to the hand or arm with elastic or Velcro straps or hand brace
- Bend the toothbrush handle
- Try using and electric toothbrush