Attention: Due to the current COVID-19 situation, school Public Health Nurse (PHN) support has been modified. PHNs remain available by phone, text or email, Monday to Friday between 8:30-4:30, excluding holidays. For more information on COVID-19, visit our Current Situation Page.
Welcome to CK school health. Our team is comprised of public health nurses who partner with your school community to support healthy schools.
We follow a comprehensive school health approach and believe that creating a healthy school environment is an ideal way to positively affect student health attitudes and behaviours. The Concept of “healthy schools” is based on the evidence that healthy children and youth are better learners; and better-educated students become healthier, happier, and more productive adults (World Health Organization, 2003). To learn more about Comprehensive school health see, Foundations for a Healthy School.
The Role of Public Health in Schools
- Provide health education supports and resources
- Collaborate with parents, teachers and students to build a healthy school community
- Support the development and implementation of school health policies
- Partner with healthy school committees to promote student leadership and engagement
- Provide youth health topic related information and services