When you go swimming, you don’t want to get sick or hurt. Swimming in water that has high levels of bacteria and other germs can harm your health. CK Public Health works to reduce your risk of getting sick from the water you swim in.
What We Do
Our public health inspectors:
- Inspect public pools, hot tubs, splash pads and other recreational water facilities to make sure that they are operated safely and that the water is properly disinfected
- Educate people who work in recreational water facilities on water safety
- Monitor water quality at public beaches and notify the public if beaches are unsafe for swimming
- Educate the public on preventing illness related to recreational water
- Investigate cases of waterborne illness