Needle Syringe Programs (NSP) offer free safer injecting and safer smoking supplies in order to reduce the spread of blood-borne infections. They also help to protect the public by reducing the number of needles or syringes discarded in places like playgrounds and washrooms.
Needle Syringe Programs provide:
- Sterile needles and syringes
- Alcohol swabs, filters, sterile water
- Tourniquets (ties)
- Acidifiers (vitamin C)
- Sharps Containers
- Safe disposal of needles and syringes
- Condoms and lube
- Information on safe substance use
- Information on safe sex
Where to access harm reduction supplies in Chatham-Kent.
CK Public Health, King Street
177 King Street East Chatham, ON N7M 3N1
Mon-Fri – 9:00am to 4:00pm
Enter off the parking lot
Shoppers Drug Mart
30 McNaughton Avenue Wallaceburg, ON N8A 1R9
Mon-Fri – 8:00am to 9:30pm
Saturday – 9:00am to 8:30pm
Sunday – 10:00am to 8:30pm
McIntrye I.D.A. Pharmacy
49 Talbot Street West Blenheim, ON N0P 1A0
Monday – Friday, 9am to 6 pm
Saturday, 9 am to 3 pm
Sunday, 11 am to 3 pm
Pozitive Pathways Community Services Mobile Outreach
Mobile outreach direct to service users and deliveries to all distribution sites throughout Chatham-Kent is available on Fridays from 11am to 3pm. For delivery of harm reduction supplies contact Pozitive Pathways 48 hours before the delivery date (i.e., order by Wednesday of each week) in the following ways:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call or text our mobile outreach phone, 519-257-9646
- Call our office, 519-973-0222 and ask to be directed to the NSP
- Distributes: Kits
We encourage anyone accessing NSP programs and services in CK to ensure the safe disposal of harm reduction supplies either through satellite sites, community disposal bins or a pharmacy nearest you.
*Please note supplies may vary depending on location.
* If you or a family member use needles or syringes for medical reasons (e.g., diabetes), please contact your pharmacy for further information.