The CK Public Health works to reduce the incidence of tuberculosis (TB) in the community by:
- Providing resources, education, and consultation regarding TB treatment, prevention, and control
- Surveillance of suspected or confirmed TB in C-K
- Case management of those diagnosed with TB
- TB screening and contact tracing of family and close contacts
- Dispensing free medication for TB treatment
- Enforcing legislation designed to reduce the spread of TB
- TB skin testing
There is a fee for TB skin tests required for employment/volunteering. Medically necessary TB skin tests are free through the public health unit.
You can get a TB skin test at:
- Your family doctor’s office
- A walk-in clinic (Not available at all walk-in clinics)
- CK Public Health
To make an appointment for TB skin testing, please call us at 519.355.1071 ext 5902.
Suspect or confirmed cases of active tuberculosis must be reported to the CK Public Health by the next working day:
- Fax: (519) 355-0848
- Phone: (519) 355-1071 ext. 5902
Positive tuberculosis skin tests (LTBI) must be reported to the CK Public Health unit within 7 days. . Complete the Positive Report: TB Skin Test Reporting Form and fax to (519) 355-0848.