Need a different way to learn? Our online prenatal program, is now available.
Did you know that:
- sitting with a small pillow on your lower back can help relieve backache during pregnancy?
- using relaxation methods during your labour can release pain-reducing chemicals in your body?
- breastmilk is perfectly matched to your baby’s needs for growth and development?
These facts and more are part of our free online prenatal program. Learn about pregnancy discomforts, labour and birth, comfort measures, pain management, breastfeeding, and newborn care through interactive activities, videos, and audio clips. Sometimes it is hard to find information on the internet that is reliable and up-to-date. With this prenatal program, you can trust that what you are learning is accurate and from a health professional. Prenatal information is important for you, your partner, and your new baby.
You can work through the online prenatal program at your own pace in the comfort of your own home. It is ideal for expecting mothers and fathers who:
- are unable to attend in-person prenatal classes at the Chatham-Kent Public Health Unit
- live in remote areas
- prefer to learn independently
- are on bed rest
- are interested in a “refresher” course before the arrival of the second or third baby
If you have any questions as you are learning online, a Public Health Nurse can provide you with the answers and additional information you need through e-mail or phone contact.
Try our online prenatal program and have fun learning! To register and receive instructions on how to access the program call us at 519.352.7270, ext. 2903.
Last updated: January 2019