CK Public Health works upstream in preventing falls and promoting health. CK Public Health does this by:
- Working in partnership with community organizations to support and develop safety related resources, events, campaigns and workshops.
- Raising awareness about risk factors for injury
- Informing the general public of how to reduce the risks
- Promoting strategies and policies for injury prevention
Did you know?
Falls are the leading cause of injury among seniors (65+) in CK.
The most important fact to know about falls? Falls are preventable!
TIPS TO PREVENT FALLS:
Fall Prevention Month
Did you know that Fall Prevention month is a National initiative? Organizations across Canada come together to during the month of November to increase awareness regarding fall prevention and encourage action to prevent falls and injuries from falls. CK Public Health’s Campaign topic for fall prevention month is Safe Winter Walking! We all have a role to play in promoting physical activity throughout the year, preventing falls by staying active all year round and being safe while doing so! To book a presentation or community event support, please email the Falls Prevention Program: email@example.com or phone: 519-352-7270 ext. 2453
- Infographic – Seniors’ Falls in Canada
- Infographic – Falls in Ontario 65+
- Parachute Canada – Fall Prevention Information and Resources
For Further Information
Contact the Falls Prevention Program: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 519.352.7270 ext. 2453