Snow storms, spring flooding, tornadoes, power outages. Do you have what it takes to get through an emergency?
Every household should have the following items in a basic emergency kit…
- Water – 2L per person per day
- Food – that won’t spoil, such as canned food, energy bars, dried foods
- Manual can opener
- Wind-up or battery-powered flashlight (and extra batteries)
- Wind-up or battery-powered radio (and extra batteries)
- Matches or a lighter
- First aid kit
- Extra Keys – for your car and house
- Cash, traveller’s cheques
- Important family documents – identification, insurance and bank records
And a family emergency plan that you have discussed with your family ahead of time.
For more information visit GetPrepared.ca