Ontario dental programs are still available until December 31st.
As of January 1, 2016, the following 6 publicly funded dental programs will be combined into the new Healthy Smiles Ontario program:
- dental benefits for children under Ontario Works
- dental benefits for children under the Ontario Disability Support Program
- dental benefits for children under the Assistance for Children with Severe Disabilities program
- the Children In Need Of Treatment program
- the Healthy Smiles Ontario program
- preventive oral health services provided by local public health units
Children and youth currently receiving care from the programs listed above are still eligible for free dental services. They will be automatically transitioned into the new Healthy Smiles Ontario program.
Details and a new dental card will be mailed to transitioned clients before January 1, 2016. Additional information, including how to apply or re-apply to the new can be found at Healthy Smiles Ontario Program as of January 1, 2016.
For more information please contact us at 519-355-1071 ext. 5700