CLASS ORDER: October 23, 2020
Effective on Friday, October 23, Dr. David Colby, Medical Officer of Health for Chatham-Kent has issued a class order pursuant to Section 22 (5.0.1) of the Health Protection and Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c.H.7, regarding the transmission of COVID-19. This order is issued to all residents of Chatham-Kent whom: test positive for COVID-19, have symptoms compatible to COVID-19, are waiting COVID-19 test results, and/or have been identified as a close contact of a confirmed case of COVID-19. These individuals must ensure they abide by the actions listed in the order to protect the community of Chatham-Kent from the spread of COVID-19. View the entire order for full details.
COVID-19 spreads through direct contact with the respiratory droplets of someone who is infected with the virus through their cough or sneeze. These droplets can spread up to 2-metres, or 6 feet. It may also be possible for a person to get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes.
We encourage Chatham-Kent residents to play their part in preventing the spread of COVID-19 by:
- self-isolating immediately if you have returned from travel outside Canada, are sick, or if required for other reasons (see below);
- staying home except when essential;
- physical distancing, including keeping 2-metres (the length of a hockey stick) from people outside your designated household;
- washing your hands or using hand sanitizer with 70% alcohol content;
- avoiding touching your eye, nose, and mouth;
- cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your elbow;
- cleaning phones and other surfaces you touch frequently.
- download the COVID-19 Alert application for your phone.
For More Information:
Click on the tabs below.
Government of Ontario’s COVID-19 webpage.
Government of Canada’s Prevention and Risks webpage.
Government of Canada resources in various languages (click on resource & choose language from drop down menu on right)
Prevention announcement in a variety of Indigenous languages: Indigenous Services Canada