Self Assessment ToolUse the Ministry of Health’s self-assessment tool to help you decide if you need to seek care. Please do not visit an assessment centre unless you have been told to by a healthcare professional. Always call your heath care provider before visiting.
If you feel you are not getting enough air or are experiencing other severe symptoms, call 911.
COVID-19 spreads through direct contact with the respiratory droplets of someone who is infected with the virus through their cough or sneeze. These droplets can spread up to 2-metres, or 6 feet. It may also be possible for a person to get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes.
We encourage Chatham-Kent residents to play their part in preventing the spread of COVID-19 by:
- self-isolating immediately if you have returned from travel outside Canada or if required for other reasons (see below);
- staying home except when essential;
- physical distancing, including keeping 2-metres (the length of a hockey stick) from others;
- cleaning your hands;
- avoiding touching your eye, nose, and mouth;
- covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your elbow;
- staying home when sick;
- cleaning phones and other surfaces you touch frequently.
For More Information:
Click on the tabs below.
Government of Ontario’s COVID-19 webpage.
Government of Canada’s Prevention and Risks webpage.
Resources in multiple languages: Government of Canada list of multilingual resources
Prevention resources in a variety of Indigenous languages: Indigenous Services Canada