Walk-in appointments are now available!
To find a clinic date, time and location please visit our clinic listing page.Find Clinic
On November 19, 2021, a COVID-19 vaccine was approved for children aged 5-11 years.
We understand that vaccinating your child is a big decision. The resources found below are provided from reliable sources to help inform your decision.
On this Page:
Last updated March 2, 2022
We are NOW BOOKING vaccination appointments for children ages 5-11. To view a schedule of all clinics open to 5 to 11 year olds, see here. Please book online at or by calling 519.351.1010. For added convenience, walk-in appointments are also now accepted as well!
|AGE GROUP||APPROVED VACCINE||VACCINE DOSAGE |
(Amount of Vaccine)
|TIME BETWEEN DOSE 1 AND DOSE 2|
|5-11 YEARS OLD|
Children turning 5 in 2022 must be 5 years of age on their appointment date.
|Pfizer-BioNTech Pediatric||10 MG|
(1/3 of an adult dose)
Children who turn 12 after their first dose will receive an adult Pfizer dose at their 2nd dose.
Child can receive a second dose 8 weeks after their first dose.
Still hesitant to vaccinate your child? We understand that deciding to vaccine your child is a big decision. Please review some of the following resources to help inform you and your decision.
Use these resources to answer your questions or help prepare your child for vaccination.
Information About the Vaccine:
- Ontario Factsheet: COVID-19 Vaccines for Children & Youth (English)
- Parent Homework (English)
- Devoirs des Parents (French)
- Ontario Factsheet: COVID-19 Vaccines for Children & Youth (French)
- Health Canada: COVID-19 Vaccines for Children (English)
- Health Canada: COVID-19 Vaccines for Children (French)
- Max Facts for Caregivers: Learn about the COVID-19 Vaccine for 5 to 11 year Olds (Ontario Association of Children's Aid Societies) (French)
Preparing Your Child for Vaccination:
- Preparing Your Child for Vaccination (English)
- Preparing Your Child for Vaccination (French)
- The CARD System (strategies to help make your vaccination experience a more positive one)
Share these resources with your child to help prepare them for their COVID-19 vaccine appointment!
- Super Kids' Guide to Vaccination (English)
- Super Kids' Guide to Vaccination (French)
- Social Story: Getting My COVID-19 Vaccine (English)
- Social Story Getting My COVID-19 Vaccine (French)
- Max Facts for Youth: Learn about the Vaccine for 5 to 11 Year Olds (Ontario Association of Children's Aid Societies) (French)
If you have any further questions, browse through the Frequently Asked Questions below.
Resources for Youth (12 to 17)
A plain language information sheet from the Province of Ontario to help you understand the COVID-19 vaccines.
Use this poster from the Province of Ontario to inform people about the importance of the COVID-19 vaccines.
This social story is available for download as a Powerpoint document. It is designed to be adapted and personalized as caregivers see fit to match the needs and literacy levels of the audience.
COVID-19 Vaccine FAQs for Youth
Last updated November 15, 2021
Ask an Expert Your Vaccine Questions
Not really sure about the COVID-19 vaccine, or the information you've seen? VaxFacts will connect you with an expert doctor who is ready to talk, listen, and help you get the most accurate information.
For more information, or to book an appointment, visit the VaxFacts website.
SickKids COVID-19 Vaccine Consult Service
Available to children, youth and their families, the SickKids COVID-19 Vaccine Consult Service offers by-appointment phone consultations with a trusted health care professional from SickKids to answer questions and help you make an informed decision about vaccination.
For more information, or to book an appointment, visit the SickKids COVID-19 Vaccine Consult Service website.