In Ontario, any person in the indoor area of a business or organization, or in a vehicle that is operating as part of the business or organization, must wear a mask or face covering in a manner that covers their mouth, nose and chin during any period when they are in the indoor. Exemptions to this requirement include (but are not limited to):
- children younger than two years of age;
- individuals with medical conditions that inhibit their ability to wear a mask or face covering; and
- individuals that are unable to put on or remove their mask or face covering without the assistance of another person.
Additional information, including details on when you do not need to wear a face covering, please visit the Government of Ontario's Face Masks and Face Coverings page.
To assist you in learning about face coverings, here are some great resources:
Wearing a mask is only one aspect of reducing the spread of COVID-19. Please continue to abide by the following public health measures:
- Maintain physical distancing of two metres at all times
- Wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer with 70% alcohol frequently
- Stay home (not going into the community or to work) if you’re not feeling well, and get tested for COVID-19.
For any concerns regarding the by-law, please contact email@example.com or phone 519.360.1998.