September 9, 2020
Recruitment for Board of Health members underway
CK Public Health is actively recruiting for three Board positions. Two of these are citizen members of the Board of Health, to begin their four-year term on January 1, 2021. As well, an Indigenous representative is being recruited to complete the current term, starting January 1, 2021 and ending December 31, 2022.
The Board of Health is a governing board that monitors operations within CK Public Health. The Board of Health meets at 11:00 A.M. the third Wednesday of each month, and includes representation from elected officials, Indigenous partners, and community members.
The role of the Board of Health is to:
• Appoint a full-time Medical Officer of Health;
• Hire staff to carry out the functions of the board as outlined within the Health Protection and Promotion Act;
• Provide the municipality with a yearly budget notice;
• Have a strong commitment to and understanding of public health programs;
• Attend board meetings, actively participate, and serve as officers;
• Serve in a volunteer capacity without regard for remuneration or profit;
• Identify and declare any conflicts of interest; and
• Represent the health unit in the community.
To apply, fill out an application form on our website. Alternative formats of the application will be provided upon request. The deadline to apply is Friday, September 25 at 4:30 P.M.