For Immediate Release
Mobile Drive-Thru COVID-19 Testing Clinics to Take Place in Wheatley and Dresden
CHATHAM-KENT: August 4, 2020 – Chatham-Kent Health Alliance (CKHA) in partnership with Chatham-Kent EMS, CK Public Health, Family Health Teams (Chatham-Kent, Thamesview and Tilbury) and the Chatham-Kent Community Health Centres will offer mobile drive-thru COVID-19 testing clinics in Wheatley and Dresden during the month of August. Anyone who believes they require a COVID-19 swab test can go to one of these clinics and receive a test. This testing initiative will also be available to residents who do not arrive in a vehicle. The clinic dates and locations are as follows:
Tuesday, August 11 and Wednesday, August 12
10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Wheatley Arena, 196 Erie Street North, Wheatley, ON, N0P 2P0
Tuesday, August 25 and Wednesday, August 26
10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Dresden Raceway, 1244 North Street, Dresden ON, NoP 1M0
The mobile drive-thru COVID-19 clinics will operate as follows:
- The Wheatley clinic will take place in the parking lot of the Wheatley Arena. No appointment is necessary.
- The Dresden clinic will take place at the Dresden Raceway. No appointment is necessary.
- Signage will direct patients upon arrival for both those who arrive in vehicles and those who do not. You do not need to be in a vehicle to attend the clinic, walk ups are welcome.
- A staff member will register you while you are in your car. Please bring a valid Ontario health card.
- The health care team will perform the COVID-19 swab test while you are in your car; please remain in your car after you register to receive a test.
- Patients will be sent home with information on self-isolation and how to view their test results online at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/.
- Please note, starting on Tuesday, August 4, 2020, CK Public Health will no longer be notifying asymptomatic patients (those showing no symptoms) by telephone. CK Public Health will only be contacting the following clients/patients whom:
- Test positive for COVID-19
- Were tested symptomatic (showing symptoms)
- Were referred for testing by a healthcare professional
- Were tested at their workplace due to a potential COVID-19 exposure
- If heat warnings are in effect on clinic days, out of precaution, please do not bring children and frail adults in cars who are not being tested, as well as pets.
CKHA is also reminding the public about the availability of COVID-19 testing at its COVID-19 Assessment Centre located at 47 Emma Street in Chatham. Hours of operation are between 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., seven days a week. Please note the last appointment takes place at 4:20 p.m. It is recommended that patients book an appointment to be seen in a timely manner. To access the online booking tool, please visit www.assessmentbooking.ca and complete the online form to schedule an appointment. Before booking an appointment, please make sure you have a valid “green” Ontario health card.
Anyone with questions about COVID-19 are advised to visit CK Public Health’s website at http://www.ckpublichealth.com/covid19, call CK Public Health’s COVID-19 intake line at 519.355.1071 x1900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view a map of upcoming COVID-19 Mobile Assessment Clinics in Chatham-Kent, click here.
Visit the Government of Ontario’s website to learn more about how the province is continuing to protect Ontarians from COVID-19.
Chatham-Kent Health Alliance
Fannie Vavoulis, Director, Communications, 519.359.3172
Donald MacLellan, General Manager, 519.401.4922
CK Public Health
Stephanie Egelton, Community Outreach & Public Relations Officer, 226.312.2023 x 2487