School Suspension Deadline Fast Approaching

School suspensions will be effective as of April 2nd, 2019 for anyone who remains overdue at that time.

What to do if you have received a Suspension Order:

  1. Check your child’s immunization record – if you think they are up to date, call us to report the dates.  We may just not have the information on file.
  2. Get the missing shots – If you have a doctor, try to get an appointment with them prior to April 2nd to receive the required immunizations.  If you can’t get in or don’t have a doctor, call us to make arrangements at (519) 355-1071 x5900.  Please note that availability is limited, so don’t delay.
  3. Report the shots to Public Health. – doctors are not required to report immunization dates to Public Health, but parents are.  Suspension orders are not lifted until the Health Unit receives the required information.

Ways to report shots to Public Health:

  • Call – (519) 355-1071 x5900
  • Fax – (519) 436-3214
  • In person – 177 King St E, Chatham, ON (WISH Centre Building)

Exemptions are also available upon request.  Please call us for information on how to file one.