As of July 2018, it is mandatory for a Certified Food Handler to be on site of any food service premises during operating hours. There’s a $385 potential fine for any food locations that are non-compliant.
Want to be certified? You have options!
FREE In-Person Course
- 1 day (7.5 hours including a one hour lunch break and two 15 minutes breaks)
- Offered monthly (excluding April, August & December)
- Includes a Food Handler Training Manual & probe thermometer
- Includes and exam at the end of the class
- Register online or call: 519.355.1071 X 2902
FREE Walk-In Exam Sessions
- Challenge the exam after self-studying via Food Safety: A Guide for Ontario’s Food Handlers
- Already certified? Use this option
- Offered twice per month (excluding April, August & December)
- Both options are FREE to participants
- Click here for upcoming walk-in dates and times
- Offered through a third party – ingoodhands.ca
- Complete online food handler training modules online, at your own pace
- Complete the ministry approved exam online (webcam access required)
Other agencies that provide certification recognized by CKPHU can be found at: www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/programs/publichealth/enviro/.
Follow us to good health!