Know the Risks that are Specific to Chatham-Kent!
Here are some of the risks:
- Blizzard/Snow Storm
- Severe Weather (Heat/Cold)
- Infectious Disease Outbreak
- Transportation Accident
- Industrial Accident
Make a Plan!
- Every Canadian household needs a plan, how to meet and contact others in your family
- Learn about First Aid – it could save a life
- Plan escape routes from your home and neighbourhood
- Identify a safe meeting place
- Check school and daycare emergency policies
- Make extra plans for people with special health needs
- Make provision for pets
Prepare an Emergency Kit!
A basic emergency kit should contain, but not be limited to, the following:
- Drinking Water (2L/person/day)
- Non Perishable Food
- Manual Can Opener
- Wind-Up Radio
- Flashlight (extra batteries)
- First Aid Kit
- Waterproof Storage Bags (important papers)
- Candles and Matches
- Sleeping Bag
- Change of clothing/family members
- Personal Toiletries
Remember to Prepare Now! Don’t wait for an emergency to happen. You can do simple things now to prepare you and your family. Don’t forget to update your plan once a year.