National Health and Fitness Day is an initiative to make Canada the Fittest Nation on Earth!
Saturday June 2nd, 2018 provides an opportunity for all citizens to Get Up, Get Out and Get Active.
Here are some activity ideas for your family and friends;
- Let your kids plan the activities for the day! If you’ve never played Grounders or Manhunt, you’re missing out! There are dozens of activity ideas available at www.participaction.com
- Head to the park or playground. Chatham-Kent has over 166 unique locations for play!
- Make a splash at the pools and splash pads throughout Chatham-Kent.
- Get together with neighbours for a game of all-ages ball hockey, races (egg-on-spoon; three-legged; and sack races); a scavenger hunt; a pool party; or a game of soccer.
- Run, jump and climb at the 11th annual CK Youth Festival, Saturday, June 2, 2018, from 11:00am to 3:00pm at Tecumseh Park in Chatham. Obstacle courses, bouncy castles, face painting, the CKRec Play Rangers, Super Kids CK, and many other activities to engage your imagination all while having fun together as a family!
- Go for a walk – walk around the neighbourhood and discover a new park or ravine. Visit WalkCK for a schedule of free monthly group hikes on local trails.
- Tour the community, use the Chatham-Kent Interactive Mapping System to find bike paths and routes.
- Take your dog for a long walk. Or, if you don’t have a dog – take your neighbour’s dog for a walk! Enjoy the local dog parks or pet-friendly trails with your four legged friends!
- Introduce yourself to something new. Bocce ball? Cricket?
- Spread the word! Engage all Canadians in National Health and Fitness Day. Spread the word on Facebook and Twitter. #NHFDcan #GetMoving!
For more information on National Health and Fitness Day visit www.nhfdcan.ca