What are Blacklegged Ticks?
Adult Blacklegged Ticks are about the size of a sesame seed or smaller with distinct reddish colouring on their backsides.
They move slowly, cannot fly, and feed on blood to grow and develop.
Protect Yourself from Ticks by doing the following:
- Cover yourself up when walking in grassy or wooded areas.
- Wear long sleeves with tight cuffs and long pants that are tucked into socks.
- Wear close-toed shoes.
- Use insect repellant containing DEET.
- Do a body check.
- Check yourself, family members, & pets for ticks after spending time outdoors.
- Bring your removed ticks from you or your family members to us for identification and testing if required.
For more information call 519.352.7270 ext. 2902