Ride the Bus for Free-June 5
Clean air day, June 5, is a celebration of environmentally friendly activities that promote clean air and good health across Canada. Chatham-Kent Transit participates in Clean Air Day by providing free bussing on Wednesday June 5.
What else can you do to save the air?
- Take public transit, carpool, bike, walk or rollerblade.
- Reduce air conditioning needs in summer by using drapes/ window blinds and ceiling fans.
- Use energy- efficient lighting, they are more than four times as efficient, and last 8-15 times longer than regular bulbs.
- Reduce! Reuse! Recycle! It takes much less energy to manufacture new products from recycled materials than from raw materials.
- Compost kitchen scraps and yard waste.
Avoid idling- 10 seconds of idling uses more fuel than restarting your engine!
ADOPT A GREENER LIFESTYLE TO PROTECT THE AIR WE BREATHE!