Vaccinations are important in order to prevent disease and illness in your child, however they can at times cause anxiety for both you and your little one. Below are some tips to reduce pain from shots and make the experience better for the both of you.
- Have your baby/child sit on your lap for a cuddle during the immunization
- If you are breastfeeding, feed your baby before, during and/or after the shot
- Let your child choose a favourite toy, book, blanket to bring to the appointment
- Stay calm when your child receives the shot
- Distract by talking or singing a favourite song to your child
- Praise and reward your child after it finished
For further information or any questions you may have, contact us
Vaccine Preventable Disease Team at 519-355-1071 ext 5900.