Once again the Chatham-Kent Public Health Unit (CKPHU) is launching its Aim for 8 Campaign encourage people in Chatham-Kent to eat more fruits and vegetables. As part of Aim for 8, CKPHU has partnered with farmers’ markets, local vendors and grocery stores to offer the Fruit and Vegetable Voucher Program. This program is a great way to try new fruits and vegetables while supporting our local farmers through buying local produce.
The vouchers can be used to purchase vegetables and fruit between July 1 and September 4, 2016. They cannot be used for other items such as local honey, jam, baked goods, etc.
Where to get the voucher?
Vouchers will be distributed at health unit programming as well as through community partner programming and a limited number at your local library.
**Note that vouchers are given on a first-come, first-served basis and there is a limited number that will be given out at each location.
Where can the vouchers be used? Note there are changes to the list from last year.
- The Wednesday Market – Chatham Sales Arena – Highway 2
- Ridgetown Farmer’s Market – Main Street at the 4-H Barn of the Agricultural Society
- Delhaven Orchards Ltd – 8182 Talbot Trail W, Blenheim
- Gladstone Sweet Potato Farm – 428 Chatham Street S, Blenheim
- Greatview Orchards & Farm Market – 8677 Talbot Trail, Blenheim
- JennaLee Garlic and Vegetable Farm –
- Jennen Family Farm Market – 11775 Base Line, Thamesville
- Josie’s Plants and Produce –
- Joyce Farms – 15234 Longwoods Road, Bothwell
- Manitree Fruit Farms – 8445 Talbot Trail, Blenheim
- Nature’s Finest Produce – 6874 Pain Court Line, Pain Court
- Pardo’s Berrie Farm – 7951 Talbot Trail, Blenheim
- Rol-land Farms Mushrooms – 19002 Communication Rd, Blenheim
- Riverbell Market Garden –
- RV Vegetables – 900 McNaughton Street East, Chatham
- Sarah’s Farm Market – 31 Sandy’s Street, Chatham
- Sarah’s Farm Market Plus –and 413 Queen Street, Chatham
- UPI Tilbury – 11 Mill Street East, Tilbury
- Van Koeverden Farm – 13283 Magnavilla Line, Thamesville
- Taylor’s Roadside Produce – 1640 Dufferin Ave, Wallaceburg
- Bothwell Foodland – 245 Main Street, Bothwell
- Brent’s No Frills – 286 Chatham Street North, Blenheim
- Dean and Barb’s No Frills – 835 Queen Street, Chatham
- Dennis’ No Frills – 59 Mill Street East, Tilbury
- Dresden Foodland – 256 St George Street South, Dresden
- Food Basics – 448 St Clair Street, Chatham
- Ridgetown Foodland – 32 Main Street East, Ridgetown
- Sobey’s – 215 Park Ave West, Chatham
- Sobey’s – 20210 Communication Road, Blenheim
- The Real Canadian Superstore – St. Clair Street, Chatham
- Tilbury Foodland – 15 Queen Street South, Tilbury
For more information and updates please contact the Chatham-Kent Public Health Unit at 519-352-7270.
Remember to aim for 8 servings of fruits and veggies every day!