Do you have questions about how, what, and when to feed your baby? Feeding Your Baby: A guide to help you introduce solid foods answers some common questions you may have around feeding your baby.
For the first six months the only food your baby needs is breastmilk. Let your baby decide how much and how often to feed. The Feeding Guide offers helpful tips on growth spurts, length of feeds, and the amount of breastmilk your baby will take.
When your baby is around six months old and showing signs of readiness, you can start to offer solids. Common questions parents have include:
- How do I tell if my baby is ready for solids?
- How do I introduce my baby to new foods?
- What foods do I feed my baby first?
- What kind of textures can I start with?
- When do I add new foods?
- How do I make my own baby food?
- How do I help my baby be a healthy eater?
- How do I keep my baby’s food safe?
The Guide offers the what, when and how of starting solids at 6 months, right up to what to feed your baby at 12 months. We want to make feeding your baby a fun and enjoyable time together!
Last updated: May 2017